Simple, Flexible, and Efficient
A content management system—or CMS—allows a website to be updated quickly, easily, and at no cost. Updating the written content on a web page should be as simple as writing an email.
Simple by Design
Since 2001, we have been building and improving our Orbit content management tools. Orbit Media and the Internet were both different back then. But clients' needs were not.
- Orbit clients requested the ability to manage their website content, which was great because at the time, we did not want to manage client content.
- Off-the-shelf or open-source platforms were good for webmasters, but suffered from poor usability for marketers and website owners.
- Orbit did not have money to buy proprietary licensed software, but we had designers, developers, and time!
We decided to build our own CMS. The result is Mighty-Site. We've used this tool to build 500+ sites. Mighty-Site now manages all kinds of website content, including ecommerce products, event calendars, slide show images, directory listings, ipad apps, and more custom solutions. We estimate there are more than 1000 individual users of Mighty-Site. For the sake of our clients and ourselves, we have crafted this tool to be as simple and flexible as possible.
Flexible to its Purpose
We have worked with a wide range of clients in a myriad of industries with diverse website content requirements. The result is a content management tool, Mighty-Site, that is incredibly flexible:
- Creative Freedom - From search-optimized adventure travel websites to responsive websites, Mighty-Site can power almost any layout or design. This gives our creative team the freedom to focus on the visitors' experience without worrying about programming constraints.
- Features & Functions - We've built virtually every website feature you can imagine into Mighty-Site. That means we don't start from scratch each time we build a site, but we gain the flexibility to customize features for each client. This is how we control costs AND avoid the limitations that often come with off-the-shelf content management tools.
- Custom Features - We design the content of every feature to be managed within Mighty-Site (except the blog - we use WordPress because it's the best!).
- Platform Independence - You may have a website, a mobile site, an extranet, an intranet, and even a digital sign in your lobby. It doesn't matter where your content appears. One Mighty-Site can drive them all. Even if your content is information used only within your company, Mighty-Site can help manage it.
Efficient with Your Time
Mighty-Site is designed with the ability to learn and use it quickly and confidently. Many clients learn how to use it within an hour.
- Just what you need, nothing else; unused features are tucked away.
- Everything—content and features—is managed in the same way, so it is easy to find what you need.
- Help documentation is right there—no need to leave the CMS.
How did you make Mighty-Site so good?
Years of improvements on dozens of features based on feedback from hundreds of clients. The result is Mighty-Site 2.0:
- a large library of features and enhancements built over the years
- a sandbox environment for peer code review/standardizing of best practices
- a testing process that ensures quality
Is Mighty-Site the only option for my website?
No. Orbit is capable of building websites using the Drupal and WordPress open-source content management systems. In fact, based on the specific client goals and needs of the website, we will recommend an open-source CMS.