Congratulations to the 2014 Chicago Cause Finalists!!
On behalf of all the Chicago Cause partners, we would like to thank all the applicants for participating in this year’s Chicago Cause. We thank you for all that you do to make Chicago a better place!
The Chicago Cause finalists are...
- Green Chicago Restaurant Coalition: GCRC’s mission is to conserve natural resources and preserve the environment by helping the foodservice industry reduce its collective environmental footprint, and by educating consumers about environmental sustainability.
- Deborah’s Place: For almost 30 years, Deborah’s Place has worked to break the cycle of homelessness for women in Chicago by providing award-winning supportive housing programs and comprehensive services. Through Deborah’s Place, women recover from homelessness and achieve stability, self-sufficiency, and greater self-determination
- HighSight: HighSight provides academic and social support to Chicago high school students. HighSight provides scholarships, tutoring, mentoring, leadership development and college readiness programs to its students.
- ALIVE Rescue: ALIVE Rescue was founded in 2008 as a no-kill animal shelter and animal adoption organization. They're main responsibility is to the animals in open-access shelters (such as Chicago Animal Care & Control) with a high probability of being euthanized.
- Chicago Flyers Track Club: Chicago Flyers transforms its members into fit and healthy kids, regardless of athletic ability. They use athletic training and games to foster their members’ strength, discipline, achievement, honesty, and sense of responsibility.
- Erie Neighborhood House: Erie Neighborhood House is a community service agency founded in 1870 that promotes a just and inclusive society by strengthening low-income, primarily Latino, families through skill-building, access to critical resources, advocacy, and collaborative action.
- Tellin' Tales Theatre: Tellin' Tales Theatre breaks barriers between the disabled and able-bodied worlds through the transformative power of personal story. We bring together children and adults from both communities to share their stories in theatrically innovative productions and programs.
- Test Positive Aware Network: For 27 years TPAN has been providing culturally competent and specialized services and programs to thousands of people who are either living with HIV/AIDS or at acute risk for becoming infected.
- Neighborhood Parents Network: NPN connects a diverse community of families with the resources they need to navigate parenting in the city. Whether on-line or in-person, NPN makes it easy to find support, must-have information, and amazing city events to expectant, new, and seasoned parents.
- Rape Victim Advocates: RVA focuses on non-judgmental crisis intervention counseling, individual and group counseling, and medical and legal advocacy. RVA provides public education and institutional advocacy in order to improve the treatment of sexual assault survivors and to effect positive change in policies and public attitudes toward sexual assault.
How Do I Follow Chicago Cause?
We encourage you to be part of the conversation on Twitter (hashtag #chicagocause), Facebook, and Google+. Feel free to ask us questions or join us in discussing how Chicago organizations can come together to strengthen our city's communities.
Who Are the Previous Chicago Cause Winners?
View the list of Chicago Cause winners from the past years and please feel free to share their story!