You’re a good listener. You enjoy helping people. You’re resourceful and you’re pretty technical. You pay attention to details. You can find answers and explain them clearly on the phone and in writing.
It will be your job to support Orbit’s generally happy clients.
You’ll quote and manage small projects based on a wide-range of technical requirements. You’ll explain the pros and cons of various approaches in simple English. Then you’ll focus on completing projects and tasks, based on the scope you recommended and within the timeframe you defined.
You’ll work with the latest tools including WordPress, analytics, email marketing systems, Drupal and Orbit’s own CMS, Mighty-Site®.
You’ll work with lots of smart people including developers, projects managers, designers and Barrett Lombardo himself, Orbit’s Web Director.
Web Support & Management
- Create and manage the support queue, within Sputnik (Orbit’s own management system)
- Complete basic (Tier 1) tickets, no problem
- Provide clients with support on Mighty-Site®, Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Manage capacity with the support developer and assistant support developers
Client & Project Management
- Manage development on client websites and enhancements
- Advise clients and project managers on features, define project scopes, and schedule and plan projects
- Work directly with designers to develop and present GUIs and features (wireframes and final design)
- Set budgets (time) with project managers and lead developers on certain website proposals
- Report to the Web Director, Web Team Leader and the Project Management team with updates, suggestions, and answers to all support questions
You’re Perfect Because You Have…
- HTML / CSS / PHP / MySQL proficiency
- Expert knowledge of content management tools – Mighty-Site®, WordPress, Drupal
- Proficiency in web tools like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.
- Familiar with current web strategies (SEO, usability, email marketing, analytics, social media, etc.)
- Continuing education of software, industry trends, etc.
- Ability to autonomously manage small-scale client web projects and website enhancements
- Ability to manage client deliverables with minimal supervision
- Communication skills with clients and team leaders/directors
And These Things Are Probably on Your Resume:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-3 years in website support/help desk and/or project management position
- Demonstrated communication skills with team members
Apply for this position. Orbit is hoping to fill this position with a superstar by the end of January 2011.
By the way, Orbit was named one of Brill Street’s Top 50 Generation Y Employers.