Orbit Media is an established, profitable web company with a stellar reputation for delivering results for our clients. We have built a highly collaborative culture delivered by an experienced team of strategists, designers, developers, and project managers.
We are in search of a vital team member to ensure we can continue to meet our clients’ future needs. We want a person who will own all things technical and is excited about leading, being challenged, and helping us tackle the big opportunities in front of us. All of this is possible while having an exceptional work–life balance for this type of job. We know everyone says that, but we really mean it! Make us prove it to you.
- A gifted technical leader who is looking for a chance to run a talented team and development process – THE RIGHT WAY!
- A respected, seasoned manager who can inspire and organize developers
- An experienced web developer ready to lead a team on a multitude of varied website projects
- An individual with a great teamwork attitude excited to work in a collaborative environment that delivers high quality websites quickly and consistently
- Oversees all development work to ensure the work is done efficiently, maintains the highest quality standards, and keeps pace with current technologies
- Manages all development resources and ensures the development team is collaborating effectively with all other groups including designers and project managers.
- Owns the development, quality, maintenance, and implementation of Orbit’s codebase on all client projects.
- Collaborates with the Project Management Team and Design Team to coordinate the delivery process and manage capacity, working and communicating directly with Web Director.
- Advise and direct clients, project managers, web strategists and designers on client requests, sales proposals, features, best practices, project scopes, and budgets
Specific Skills + Requirements
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Familiarity with Content Management Tools (preferably WordPress and/or Drupal)
- Expert knowledge of the website development process, including the ability to understand project goals and business requirements, budgets and timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client service approach and attitude, with the ability to creatively meet client needs
- Ability to problem solve (resourcefulness)
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills
- Intermediate knowledge of LAMP stack server environments
- Familiarity with the latest UX/UI trends is a big plus
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-8 years in web site development position.
- 2-3 years in a technical management position is a plus.
Interested? What We Need From You
- Start date availability
- A Chicago area address (We prefer local candidates.)
If you are interested, we encourage you to send us an email.
How can I find out about future openings?
Connect with us through Facebook, Twitter or our newsletter. That’s where we post first. You’ll be the first to know.
Not sure what you want to do?
Watch this. It’s really really good.