We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a full-time position on our creative web design team.
Orbit Media is made up of passionate and experienced people focused on one service: designing and building websites. We love where we work and what we do! Coming up on our 15th anniversary, we’re a strong team of 34 looking for the next Orbiteer!
What You’ll Be Doing
Our designers work directly with clients from project start to finish. They focus on creating results-driven, user-friendly websites that bring our clients’ brands to life online. We juggle multiple projects at once and see each one through wireframes, moods, and page designs before passing the torch to development. We work closely with our project team and utilize our other designers for inspiration, feedback, and refinement.
It’s our responsibility to determine how every site will be used by its visitors, and it’s a challenge we love. It’s also our job to help educate our clients along the way so they can use their sites to their fullest post-launch potential.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Should have a portfolio of web work with at least 2-3 years of web/interface design experience.
- Has a well-rounded understanding of interactive design, information architecture, usability, and responsive web design principles/limitations.
- Should be able to apply conceptual strategy, design brainstorming, brand management, and graphic design to small and large projects alike.
- Must have a functional understanding of HTML, CSS, and designing for Content Management Systems.
- Must have experience working directly with clients. Strong interpersonal and communication skills desired.
- Must have experience working in a team environment. Design agency background is a strong plus.
- Must have a great eye for design hierarchy, color, typography, and layout.
- Creating design deliverables, including but not limited to: wireframes, mood boards, page and feature designs, style guides, and e-mail templates.
- Following existing creative on projects as well as assisting with developing new creative.
- Direct communication with clients during project meetings and design presentations.
- Working with internal project team to deliver best solutions for clients within project scope and timeline capabilities.
- Feedback and collaboration with other designers to help improve their deliverables.
- Balancing of multiple projects in different phases at all times.
Specific Skills + Requirements
- Ability to directly communicate with clients to gather information, present created deliverables, explain functionality, and convey reasoning behind execution.
- Understanding of designing for optimal user experience.
- Understanding of best practices for web design and usability.
- Programs: Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop and Typekit. Knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Comet (XD) a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks on short deadlines.
The Big Picture
We’re looking for another passionate designer to add to our tight-knit little corner of the office. We want to inspire you and we want you to inspire us; let’s make each other better.
Orbit is a transparent and talented Chicago-based company that builds focused but flexible sites for our clients’ clients. We have a strong process that helps us stay focused, yet we’re constantly evolving. We love the work we do, the clients we work with, and the amazing people we work alongside.
Could you be the next Orbiteer? We’re excited to find out!
Interested? Here’s What We Need From You
- Link to Online Portfolio (required)
- Start Date Availability
To apply, send us your resume and cover letter.