We are looking for someone in Chicago to start as soon as possible for a full-time position.
- A gifted programmer
- A good communicator
- An experienced web developer ready to work in a team environment on a multitude of websites
- An individual with a great teamwork attitude excited to work in a collaborative environment focusing on supporting existing Orbit websites
- Primarily provide timely support for existing client websites including some direct communication with clients
- Working with the Support Manager and Project Managers to guide development in line with Orbit’s established process, including documentation of features, recording of progress, status, and accumulated time, consultation on design deliverables, and creation and oversight of a testing and migration plan
- Advise and direct clients, project managers, and designers on new requests, features, best practices, scopes, and budgets
- Contribute the growth of Orbit by advancing personal skills, working with the development team to improve the codebase, and seeking opportunities to improve Orbit’s tools and processes
Specific Skills + Requirements
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP/MySQL
- Familiarity with Content Management Tools (preferably Drupal and/or WordPress)
- Expert knowledge of the website development process, including the ability to understand project goals and drivers and to deliver exceptional results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work well within both a larger development team and individual project teams
- Strong client service approach and attitude, with the ability to creatively meet client needs
- Detail-oriented focus on completion of web development work within budget and on time
- Sensitivity to user experience and an understanding of the latest UX/UI trends is a big plus
Interested? What We Need From You
- Code samples
- Start date availability
If you are interested, we encourage you to send us an email.
How can I find out about future openings?
Connect with us through Facebook, Twitter or our newsletter. That’s where we post first. You’ll be the first to know.
Not sure what you want to do?
Watch this. It’s really really good.