Orbit Media is an award-winning web design and development company based in the beautiful Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago.
Since 2001, we’ve been designing and building beautiful websites for a huge variety of clients in nearly every industry. We’re a B-Corp with deep roots in our community. We have fun and do great work. And we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We’re expanding our copywriting department based on client demand, and we’re looking for a digital copywriter to help us build our team, grow our offerings, and create something bigger. At Orbit, we pride ourselves on delivering SEO-driven and conversion-oriented content to all our clients.
The digital copywriter will:
- Write powerful, conversion-driven, search-optimized copy for an array of website pages, including key landing pages, SEO-related pages, and content marketing posts
- Confidently present work and interview clients directly
- Seamlessly integrate SEO research into written copy
- Collaborate with designers and UX team to create copy that both informs and fits into page layouts
- Work with clients and internal copywriting team to adopt or even help develop a client’s voice and tone
- Establish and help define the audience for every website, including user goals and the paths they take toward conversion
- Understand a client’s industry and overall business goals, and orient copy to match those goals
- Comfortably pivot among projects for clients in vastly different fields
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and compile and prioritize the information gathered for website conversion strategy and user flow
- Edit the work of other copywriters on the team, and produce revised copy based on client/team feedback
The digital copywriter should have:
- Outstanding writing skills in any field
- Experience writing copy in-house or for an agency
- The ability to quickly shift between multiple clients with different goals, voice, and audiences
- The ability to receive edits and criticism in stride and improve their copy
- The desire to quickly learn about a wide variety of industries and become knowledgeable about each one
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the desire to learn more
- Attention to detail
- True empathy and deep curiosity
- A passion for learning more about their craft
- A great sense of humor
- Great ideas they can bring to every project
- The ambition to grow and develop their role and the copywriting department at Orbit Media
We’re looking for people who are excited to work with a great team in a company filled with great people. We’re looking for people who want to learn from and work with some of the best-known content marketing experts in the business. We’re looking for people who want to improve their skills, build their career, and be part of a growing department.
Interested? Here’s What We Need From You
- Link to online portfolio or writing samples (required)
- Start date availability