Orbit Media is an established, profitable web company with a stellar reputation for delivering results for our clients. We have built a highly collaborative culture delivered by an experienced team of strategists, designers, developers, and project managers.
We are looking for someone who can help us deliver quality websites by entering content, performing thorough functionality tests, and training clients on the CMS. This person must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, communicate well, and manage both clients and projects. This person should be professional, detail oriented, and quality focused. They also need to have a strong knowledge of how websites are built and how CMS’ work.
We are looking for someone in Chicago to start as soon as possible.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- Entry-level experience working in a communications field (web-specific knowledge a plus)
- An individual with a great teamwork attitude and excited to work in a collaborative environment
- Assist project management team by working on deliverables for clients such as sitemaps, SEO research, content entry, and more
- Collaborating with the web designers to align the design deliverables with content
- Provide website content entry, including some editing of text and images to be web-optimized
- Conduct in-depth website browser testing to ensure that websites are launched at their highest quality
- Participate in project management team strategizing in order to develop creative solutions
- Meet & greet clients prior to in-office meetings and conduct content management system trainings
- Contribute to the growth of Orbit by advancing personal skills, working with the project management team to deliver timely, quality results, and seeking opportunities to improve Orbit’s tools and processes
Specific Skills + Requirements
- Excellent organizational and task management skills, including being focused on details and timeliness
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well within a team
- Expert in written and verbal communication skills, particularly with internal team members and clients/customers
- Expert at creative problem-solving
- Strong focus on the customer, including listening to and understanding the needs of the client
- Some familiarity with content management tools
- Some proficiency in current web strategies and trends, including SEO, social media, Google Analytics, etc.
- 1-3 years in communications or related field
Interested? Here’s What We Need From You
- A paragraph that explains why hiring you would add to our success
- This job is in Chicago and in-house, so we’ll need you here with us
- Start date availability