Generate Traffic, Convert Visitors to Sales
Custom e-commerce sites are built on top of marketing websites to both generate traffic and convert visitors to sales. Clients tend to choose Orbit for custom e-commerce websites to address specific business goals such as:
- Optimizing mobile sales through responsive web design for mobile
- Building B2B custom solutions for usability, as well as business rules benefiting both B2C and B2B customers
- Integrating with internal systems to import product catalogs, customer accounts, and automate order fulfillment processing
E-commerce Responsive Web Design for Mobile
Optimized from the start to increase mobile conversions
We start with the principles of ecommerce web design for both mobile screens and desktops using a responsive web design approach.
- Compelling and organized product catalog navigation
- Simplified shopping cart and checkout
Then we brand the web design to showcase your business to your customers as uniquely as possible based on the design assets and brand style guide.
Meanwhile, we gather specific business rules and functional requirements, including:
- B2B ecommerce features like pricing, payment options, and customer accounts
- Custom information and data to display on product detail pages
- Integration and automation for operational efficiency
Flexibility to add custom requirements to fit your business customers
We have extensive experience managing the requirements and implementing custom features for both B2B and B2C e-commerce. For example:
- Business customer rewards through pricing discounts
- Custom payment options like purchase order checkout transactions
- Streamlined product catalog with express searching and ordering
- Tiered pricing with special pricing based on client type, location, and quantities
- Complex shipping calculations for special shipping requirements
Connect and automate
Some requirements are so complex that the only way to achieve the business goals are to connect with an existing system and automate a process.
- Manage customer data securely using Authorizenet Customer Information Module
- Integrate to and from the website for many purposes with varied data - order data, inventory, customer account information, shipping data, and tax tables in CRM, POS, ERP systems, financial software, shipping, and fulfillment centers.
Content Management for Custom E-commerce
Orbit usually recommends Mighty-Site for implementing custom e-commerce requirements.
- Mighty-Site® - We built this tool, so we know how to add specific features quickly and effectively, which saves you money.
- Drupal - Drupal is a powerful open-source framework with an e-commerce module that is a good fit for some client situations.
Why would you need ongoing support?
Support for your e-commerce website is essential to maintain your business.
- Lots to remember: Orbit will provide the answers to all your questions and train new members of your staff.
- CMS support: We will help configure Mighty-Site® for product data, coupons, and sale promotions.
- Integration: Whether your website integrates with a shipping vendor or your own fulfillment system, issues will arise that require our assistance to resolve.
- Hosting: The great measure of e-commerce success is poor website performance! If your website is getting so much traffic that slows down, Orbit can move it to a more robust server.
In any event, you can rely on Orbit Support to keep your e-commerce website up and running.